The goal of the seminar is to provide a compact overview on the current topics of bachelor, master and PhD studies both at the FLLL and the SCCH, while giving students an opportunity to present their work and to practice presenting in English. The seminar is organized like a small conference with 20-30 minute talks, discussions, chairmen, coffee breaks, abstracts, etc. . Bernhard Moser, SCCH, and Ciprian Zavoianu, FLLL, will be responsible for organizing the meeting and chairing the sessions.
The seminar is held twice in each winter and summer term, respectively; typically in November, February, April, and June. The precise dates and deadlines can be found at the Events page.
The seminar is fully held in English.
Mathematical foundations of knowledge-based technologies:
- fuzzy and many-valued logics
- artificial neural networks
- genetic algorithms
- decision making
- machine learning
- knowledge-based signal and image processing methods
- process automation and control
- optical quality control
- life sciences, bioinformatics and medical informatics
Instructions for Authors
- Papers should have between three and seven pages and must contain the most important preliminaries and notions as well as the basic ideas.
- Please, send your TeX, LaTeX, PDF, or PostScript files to email@example.com. If you send a LaTeX file, and you use any non-standard packages, include the supplementary packages in the mail as well.
- During the presentation, video beamer, notebook computer, and flipchart are available (provided by the organizers). Be aware that we will not provide an overhead projector if avoidable.
- Please send your presentation (transparencies) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org in one of the following formats (preferably landscape orientation): Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pps), Adobe PostScript (.ps), or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
Proceedings of past seminars are available for download below. In some years, the seminar was co-organized with the seminar Advances in Integrated Software Sciences; see there for additional downloads.